These chicken wings are absolutely scrumptious and the perfect comfort food! They are amazingly easy to make and totally worth the effort. Perfect for a quick snack or a complete meal served with a green salad and yoghurt.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 Wings) (Please note that these are approximate values)
Total Carbs 4 gms
Fibre 2 gms
Net Carbs 2 gms
Protein 27 gms
Fat 38 gms
Of which Saturated 22 gms
Energy 448 kcal
Magnesium 34 mg
Potassium 348 mg
You will need:
12 pcs of chicken wings with the ends cut off
2 juicy limes/lemons
2 tablespoons Medium Hot Chilly Powder
1 teaspoon Rock Salt
- Wash the chicken wings and blot dry with kitchen paper
- Place the wings in an electric dry fryer and cook for 30 mins on rotating mode at maximum heat. Depending on your model, keep checking to ensure that the wings are golden brown and cooked through
- If you do not have a dry fryer, then mix 1 tablespoon of melted ghee into the chicken wings, mix thoroughly with all the wings and place the wings in a baking tray and bake for 15 mins, turn the wings and bake on the other side for another 15 mins at 180 degrees Centrigrade
- While the wings are cooking, place butter in a saucepan and melt. Ensure that the butter is just melted and should not turn brown so use a low setting on your cooker. Once the butter is melted, add the chilly powder, juice of 2 limes and the salt, Allow to cook for 2 mins and then add the cooked wings.
- Coat the wings with the sauce and let the wings marinate in the sauce, over a low fire, for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with a salad and yoghurt for a main meal or on their own as a snack
Absolutely soul fulfilling food. Enjoy!